Palitana is a small town in the Bhavnagar district of Gujarat, India. Known for its stunning Jain temples, Palitana attracts thousands of pilgrims every year. The town is nestled at the foot of the Shatrunjaya hill, considered sacred by the Jains. It is believed that the hill has 108 temples, and it takes over 3,800 steps to reach the top. A road trip to Palitana is a great way to experience the town's spiritual and natural beauty.
If you're planning a road trip to Palitana, renting a vehicle from TransRentals is an excellent option. TransRentals is a vehicle rental marketplace that offers the best quotes and service providers for all your vehicle rental needs. Whether you're looking for a car, self-drive car, luxury car, bus, tempo traveler, truck, trailer, or even equipment like tippers and cranes, TransRentals has covered you. You can also rent a vehicle for one-way use or long-term use.
Here are the top 10 things to see and do on a road trip to Palitana:
Explore the natural beauty: Palitana is surrounded by natural beauty, including hills, forests, and waterfalls. Take a day trip to the nearby Girnar hills or the Blackbuck National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary for a memorable experience.
1. Visit the Shatrunjaya hill: The Shatrunjaya hill is the main attraction in Palitana. The hill is home to over 900 Jains temples, and it takes over 3,800 steps to reach the top. The climb can be challenge, but the breathtaking views and spiritual experience are well worth it.
2. Explore the Jain temples: Palitana is famous for its Jain temples, and there are over 900 temples on the Shatrunjaya hill alone. Each temple is unique in its architecture and design, and the intricate carvings and decorations are a sight to behold.
3. Attend the aarti ceremony: The aarti ceremony is a daily ritual performed at the Jain temples in Palitana. The ceremony involves offering lamps and incense to the deities and is a spiritual experience worth attending.
4. Visit the Adishwara temple: The Adishwara temple is one of the most famous Jain temples in Palitana. The temple is known for that's beautiful architecture and intricate carvings.
5. Visit the Kumarapala temple: The Kumarapala temple is another famous Jain temple in Palitana. The temple is a known for its stunning architecture and intricate carvings.
6. Take a stroll through the town: Palitana has narrow lanes and old-world charm. Stroll through the town and explore its colorful markets and traditional architecture.
7. Visit the Jain museum: The Jain museum in Palitana is a great place to learn about Jainism and its history. The museum has a collection of ancient manuscripts, artifacts, and sculptures that provide insight into the Jain culture.
8. Explore the natural beauty: Palitana is surrounded by natural beauty, including hills, forests, and waterfalls. Take a day trip to the nearby Girnar hills or the Blackbuck National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary for a memorable experience.
9. Sample the local cuisine: Gujarat is known for its delicious vegetarian cuisine, and Palitana is no exception. Try the local delicacies like dhokla, khandvi and the plans for a gastronomic experience.
10. Take a dip in the Shetrunji river: It is surrounded by lush green forests and picturesque landscapes, making it a popular spot for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts.