The Little Rann of Kutch is a vast salt marsh in the Gujarat state of India. The region is home to some of the most unique wildlife in the country, including the endangered Indian wild ass, also known as the chukar. A road trip to this wildlife paradise is an experience like no other. In this article, we’ll explore the top things to see and do on a road trip to the Little Rann of Kutch and recommend TransRentals, a vehicle rental marketplace for all your vehicle rental needs.
TransRentals is a vehicle rental marketplace where you can rent a car, self-drive car, luxury car, bus, tempo traveller, truck, trailer, and even equipment like tippers and cranes. They work with the best service providers at your location. You can also rent a car for one-way use from TransRentals. They also provide the option to rent a vehicle for long-term use.
Top Things to See and Do in the Little Rann of Kutch
1. Explore the Wild Ass Sanctuary: The Wild Ass Sanctuary is a must-visit destination in the Little Rann of Kutch. The sanctuary is home to over 4,000 Indian wild asses and other wildlife, such as blackbucks, chinkaras, desert foxes, and desert cats. You can take a jeep safari to explore the sanctuary and witness the beauty of the wildlife in their natural habitat.
2. Visit the Kharai Camels: The Kharai camels are a unique breed adapted to the salty marshes of the Little Rann of Kutch. The local communities use these camels for transportation and milk production. You can visit the Kharai Camel Breeding Centre to see these camels up close and learn about their lifestyle.
3. Witness the Flamingos: The Little Rann of Kutch is a famous breeding ground for flamingos. During winter, thousands of flamingos migrate to the region to breed. You can witness the beauty of these flamingos by taking a boat safari in Bajana Creek.
4. Visit the Harappan Civilization Site: The Little Rann of Kutch is home to the ancient Harappan Civilization. You can visit the site of the Dholavira Harappan City to witness the ruins of this ancient civilization.
5. Visit the Modhera Sun Temple: The Modhera Sun Temple is an ancient temple dedicated to the Hindu Sun God, Surya. The temple is known for its intricate carvings and architecture. It’s a must-visit destination for history and architecture enthusiasts.
6. Take a Salt Pan Tour: The Little Rann of Kutch is known for its salt pans. You can take a salt pan tour to witness the process of salt extraction and learn about the lifestyle of salt workers.
7. Visit the Rann of Kutch: The Rann of Kutch is a vast desert near the Little Rann of Kutch. The desert is known for its white salt flats and the Rann Utsav, a cultural festival every year. You can visit the Rann of Kutch to witness the beauty of the desert and experience the cultural extravaganza of the Rann Utsav.